Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I WANT my Paci!

So today we had a big moment for Aaron. He was a bit fussy at nap time and he does this weird whining moaning thing to put himself to sleep. It doesn't bother me - he is a great sleeper and if that is the way he starts to snooze then fine by me. I could tell the A/C repairman was a little creeped out though. He obviously could not concentrate on balancing our system until I took care of the moaner. I carried Aaron into the kitchen to see if I could find a paci. I found an unopened package of 2 and proceeded to prop Aaron up in a sitting position supported by my chest while we opened the package together. He grabbed the package with both hands and once the package was opened he grabbed the paci and put it right in his mouth!!! Then he sucked on it until he fell asleep WITHOUT me holding it! Now this is not an event I even remember happening with my girls. It seems like they started doing this at birth BUT with our little man we celebrate every milestone. Before Aaron, I had no idea how much muscle coordination and cognitive skills it took to actually lift a paci and put it in your mouth. Not to mention the muscle tone required to actually keep the paci in your mouth without your protruding tongue kicking it out of the way. So you go Aaron! I have never been so proud of anyone sucking a pacifier before. Now - let's hope he does not form a habit:)

1 comment: